March 22, 1945
    100 Halifaxes from 408, 415, 420, 425, 426, and 432 Squadrons were ordered on an attack of the rail, canal facilities, and fuel dump at Dorsten. The crews were over the target at between 15,500 and 18,000 feet, releasing 781,000 lbs of high explosives. According to reports, this was successfully done.

    F/O N. Toderan from 420 Squadron returned early as the port outer was u/s. They landed safely at base on 3 engines.

    F/O J. Evans and P/O G. Turcotte from 425 Squadron were hit by flak, not serious.

    P/O H. Kearl from 432 Squadron was hit by flak and hour and one half from the target, the stbd inner was u/s and there were holes in the fuselage, tail and stbd wing. They bombed from 14,000 feet and returned safely to base on 3 engines.

    While the Halifaxes went to Dorsten, 80 Lancasters from 419, 424, 427, 428, 431, 433, and 434  Squadrons were ordered on an attack of the rail yards at Hildesheim. The crews were over the target at between 14,000 and 15,000 feet, releasing 260,000 lbs of high explosives and 524,000 lbs of incendiaries. According to reports, the rail yards and most of the town was severely damaged.

    F/O B. Nichols and F/O R. Chambers from 419 Squadron were hit by flak, not serious.
    P/O D. Rickert bombed Wessolin as the load hung up over Hildesheim.
    F/Lt H. Collard had to take evasive action over the target as Lancaster TC-W from 170 Squadron released their load from about 100 feet above them.

    All crews from 424 Squadron reported on the exceptional fighter escort to and from the target.

    F/O R. Wall from 427 Squadron was hit by flak, not serious.

    F/O D. Walsh, F/O D. Brown and F/O E. Lewis from 428 Squadron were hit by flak, not serious.
    F/Lt J. Hadley RCAF and crew, flying Lancaster X KB-777 coded NA-V, failed to return from this operation.

      Sgt R. Duke RCAF–POW
      F/O W. Spence RCAF–POW
      F/O C. Goodier RCAF–POW
      P/O J. MacKenzie RCAF
      F/O D. Frame RCAF
      F/Sgt J. Bellamy RCAF–POW
    3 crew were killed and 4 were POWs. This Lancaster was last seen flying low with flames coming out the port inner engine with 2 P-51s mustangs near by. 

    F/Lt J. Duggan RCAF and crew from 431 Squadron, flying Lancaster X KB-808 coded SE-Y, failed to return from this operation.

      P/O F. Trent RCAF
      Sgt J. Bentley RAF
      F/O G. Zuback RCAF
      F/O G. McLean RCAF
      F/O J. Dorrell RCAF
      F/Sgt C. Root RCAF
      P/O J. Ketchen RCAF
    All were killed after their Lancaster was hit by flak and blew up over the target, this was to be their last op.

    F/O H. Payne RCAF and crew from 434 Squadron, flying Lancaster X KB-832 coded WL-F, swung on takeoff due to a crosswind and  the undercarriage collapsed. It skidded across the grass, damaging Lancaster X  KB-811 coded SE-T and fire broke out. 

      Sgt J. Housely RAF
      F/O E. Bishop RCAF
      F/O R. Pritchard RCAF
      W/O2 J. Johnson RCAF
      F/Sgt G. Hall RCAF
      F/Sgt W. Williams RCAF
    The crew safely got away and 35 minutes later the Lancaster blew up, blowing a large hole in the side of the runway.